Plastic Pollution Coalition hosted TEDxPlasticPollutionCoalition on Oct. 14, where speakers from across the globe addressed plastic pollution and its connection to climate, justice, health, and equity. This event was part of the inaugural TED Countdown, a global initiative to champion and accelerate solutions to the climate crisis, turning ideas into action.
Watch TEDxPlasticPollutionCoalition now.
Featured speakers and performers included:
- Dianna Cohen, Visual Artist and Co-Founder & CEO, Plastic Pollution Coalition
- Cole Hall, PPC Youth Ambassador
- Chris Anderson, Head of TED
- Lindsay Levin, Entrepreneur, Activist
- Alfre Woodard, Actor/Producer
- Xiye Bastida, Climate Youth Activist and Co-Founder, Re-Earth Initiative
- Amanda Gorman, Inaugural Youth Poet Laureate of the United States
- Van Jones, CNN Political Contributor, Host of the Van Jones Show and The Redemption Project
- Yvette Arellano, Frontline Environmental Justice Advocate
- Jackson Browne, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Singer and Songwriter, featuring Watkins Family Hour
- David Lammy, Member of Parliament, UK
- Keb’ Mo’, Grammy Award-winning Singer and Songwriter
Together we can stop plastic pollution. Get involved by signing a petition, joining our global Coalition, or donating to support our work. Thank you for adding your voice!